Protecting the privacy of our website visitors is very important to us. As we gather information about you, we would like you to know:
- What kinds of information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- How you can update that information;
- How you can limit or control how that information is used.
1. The Kinds of Information We Collect.
To provide the best services to all of users of our Site, determine what editorial content and what services are the most interesting and revant to you, we collect information. The information we collect about you ("your personal information") comes from the following two sources:
The information you provide to us ("Business Powerhouse Profile Information"). There are many services that require the creation of an account. When you create an account, you will be asked for personal information, like your name, telephone number, and email address. When you participate in discussions on our Site or social media accounts, sign up to our newsletter, enter a competitions, promotion or survey, or you report a problem with our Site, you will also provide us with personal information. Where we indicate that the information is mandatory, it is required to enable us to fulfill a contract with you and. We will not be able to provide you with the applicable service, if you decide not to provide the requested obligatory information.
The information we collect from your use of our Site ("Business Powerhouse Use Information"). This information relates generally to what editorial and advertising content you view, and the services you use that we and our third-party providers offer. We collect the following Business Powerhouse Use Information:
- Device Information. We collect information about the devices you use to access our Site, such as browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, browser language, operating system and platform, hardware settings, the date and time of Site requests, and time zone setting.
- Log Information. When you use our Site, our servers automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs, which automatically record information when you use our Site, including the following:
a) details about how you use our Site, such as your search queries, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, the full referral Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from any of our Websites (including date and time), download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from our Site;
b) your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the number assigned to an Internet-connected device such as a computer, smartphone or tablet, which is used to identify the geographic location of that device; and
c) cookies that identify your browser, collect information about how our visitors interact with our Site, and help us identify problems such as error messages from certain pages. A cookie is a small file which contains a string of characters. When you visit our Site, a cookie is sent to your computer or another device. It allows our Site to store information about your preferences, other personal information, and recognize your browser when you visit our Site any time thereafter.
- Location information. By using various technologies, we collect and process information about your actual location and IP address.
- Local storage. By using mechanisms such as browser web storage (inclugind HTML 5), we collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device. It allows for data to be stored on a browser even after the browser has been closed and the reopened. We also use data caches, which allow for data to be stored on your device and enable a Site to run without an Internet connection and to load content faster.
- Collection and Storage technologies. To identify your browser or device when you access our Site, we use various technologies to collect and store information by using cookies and tracking pixels. When you interact with the content and services we offer on our Site, such as advertising services, we use mentioned technologies to collect and store information.
2. How We Use Information We Collect.
To provide you with great experience by delivering meaningful editorial and advertising content and offering you relevant services, we use the information we collect from your use of our Site. If you have given us your consent, we will use your information when you decide to subscribe to any of our electronic newsletters, receive “special offers” by Business Powerhouse and its various service providers, and receive franchise and business opportunity information from selected advertisers. When you decide to submit comments or questions in response to editorial content on our Site, we will process your information to comply with your request. In each of those cases, we will ask you to provide certain personal information such as name, surname, email address, zip code, telephone number, we will collect and store this information to comply with your request. If we ask you for, and you give us, your consent to process your personal data, Business Powerhouse and its various advertisers and other service providers will use that information to send you marketing informaiton, such as promotions and other communications concerning products, services, or business opportunities. You can withdraw your consent and remove yourself from any electronic newsletters and otherwise stop receiving any further promotions and other commercial communications. When you follow the “unsubscribe” directions included with each newsletter or send an email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will stop receiving our commercial communications.
We may use the name you provide for your Business Powerhouse Profile across all of the services we offer that require an Business Powerhouse Account, which is where we maintain the information you provide. We may replace your past names associated with your Business Powerhouse Account, so that you are represented consistently across all our services.
We retain a record of your communications with Business Powerhouse to help solve any issues you are facing, or to maintain a record to assist with any legal claims. These records will be kept for a period of no more than 6 years. If you have consented thereto, we may use your email address to inform you about the services offered on our Site and let you know about upcoming improvements and changes.
We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals as we do not track our users across third-party websites. However, it is worth realising some third-party websites keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content. It enables them to tailor what they present to you. Certain website browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties, usually advertisers, know you do not want to be tracked.
We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union (“EU”) to the United States (“U.S.”). We adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. If you want us to discontinue any further collection of your personal information, let us know at email@example.com.
3. The Reason Why We Share Your Information with Third-Party Advertisers.
For the following reasons, we share your information with third-party advertisers. We have identified the Controller and/or Processor of that information for each reason your information is shared. The Processor is the entity that processes your information, in order to fulfill the purpose or purposes for which that information is shared and the Controller, the entity which stores the information, has control over your ability to unsubscribe from having that information tracked.
- To inform a prospective advertiser or its agency that you are visiting one of our Websites, so that the Website can solicit bids for the opportunity to show an ad to you. Controller - Business Powerhouse; Processor - Google Inc
- To compare your browsing habits with data the advertiser may have already collected about you to conclude further insights about you and select relevant ads for you. These ads may be ads for services or products you have previously expressed an interest in. This profile may include your age, gender, political views, income bracket, location, ethnicity, habits, social media influence, sexual orientation, religion, etc. Controller - Google Inc.
- To build or improve a profile about you by anlyzing your browsing habits, in order to sell information to partners for finance companies, insurance companies, online marketing, credit scoring, background checking services, and law enforcement. Your profile information may include your age, gender, location, ethnicity, income bracket, habits, political views, social media influence, sexual orientation, religion, etc. Controller - Google Inc.
- To determine whether you are the type of person that the advertiser wants to show ads to. Controller - Google Inc.
- To compare your browsing habits with data the advertisers have already collected about you and make further conclusions about you so that they select relevant ads for you. The ads can be for products or services you have already shown interest in. This profile may include your gender, age, habits, sexual orientation, income bracket, location, social media influence, ethnicity, religion, political views, etc. Controllers - Each advertiser
- To monitor your behavior on websites to determine if you have interacted with an ad. Controllers - Each advertiser, Processor - Google Inc.
- To identify whether you have bought any of the advertisers’ products or services following your interaction with an ad and viewing of that ad the advertiser has paid for. Controllers - Each advertiser
- To compare and combine your browsing habits with data the advertisers may have already collected about you and make some conclusions about you. We verify if you are human or a “robot” which aims to defraud advertisers. This profile may include your gender, age, income bracket, locaction, habits, sexual orientation, social media influence, ethnicity, political views, religion, etc. Controller - Google Inc.
- To record the number of times you have viewed each ad to avoid showing you a single ad too frequently. Controller - Google Inc.
- To compare and combine your browsing habits with data the advertisers have already collected about you by making conclusions about you to understand how you browse the Internet and people similar to you browse the Internet. This profile may include your age, gender, income bracket, location, and habits. Controller - Google Inc.
4. Advertising on Our Site.
The advertising you see on our Site is determined by several factors concerning relevance, including your geographical location based on your IP address and the subject matter you view on our Site. For instance, if you are viewing an article about finance, you may see ads relating to financial advisers or banks. When you use ad blockers, we detect the use of them. We store that information to understand your use of our Site. However, we do not restrict you use of our Site, even if you use ad blockers.
5. The Choice of Privacy.
To prevent any concerns relating to privacy, we inform you clearly what information we collect, so that you could have sound judgement about how that information is used. If you want to disable all cookies or limit them, you can set your browser in its “options” or “preferences” feature, but it is essential to remember that many of the services we provide on our Site and to our Service users might not function properly if you disable your cookies.
6. Minors and Children under Age 16.
Business Powerhouse does not collect or solicit personal information from any person under the age of 16. Business Powerhouse does not allow persons under the age of 16 to register to use our Site. No one under age 16 is allowed to provide any personal information to Business Powerhouse or on our Site. When we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will immediately delete that information. If you know that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Where We Store the Information.
The personal data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and processed in, the United States by Business Powerhouse. We comply with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s EU-US Privacy Shield, and we adhere to the EU-US Privacy Principles of Notice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation.
8. The Information You Share Publicly.
9. Updating Your Personal Information.
We will provide information access and correction at no cost to you, except where it would require a disproportionate time and effort. Our goal is to maintain our Site in a way that protects information from malicious or accidental destruction. Because of this, after you decide to delete information from our Site, we may have a delay before we delete residual copies from our active servers and remove information from our backup systems.
10. The Information We Share.
- advertisers and advertising networks, including Google, located in the United States, that require the data to select and serve relevant ads to you and other users, on the condition that you have consented;
- analytics and search engine providers including Google® services located in the United States. They assist us in the optimization and improvement of our Site;
- third parties to whom we make available for rental a list of those users/registrants who have explicitly provided us with their permission to receive third party information and offers as part of their user profile.
We may share personal information with a buyer or other successor, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Business Powerhouse's assets, Personal information may be shared in an event of a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Business Powerhouse about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
Moreover, we share your information publicly and with our partners such as third-party content providers, advertisers or connected sites, but in a manner which does not reveal your personal information and which is aggregated with other user information to show usage of Business Powerhouse and third-party products and services offered on our Site and trends based on such categories as gender, age, geographical location or some other demographic characteristics.
When we have your consent, we will also share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Business Powerhouse. Furthermore, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Business Powerhouse if we have a good-faith belief that use, access, disclosure, or preservation of that information is legitimately necessary to:
- comply with applicable regulations, law, enforceable governmental requests, or legal processes;
- protect against harm to the property, safety, or rights of users of our Site or service providers, as well as the general public and Business Powerhouse as required or permitted by law.
- prevent, detect, or address fraud, security or technical issues.
In response to lawful requests by public and governmental authorities or law enforcement agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, we may transfer and disclose information, including personal information. In addition, to comply with a legal obligation, we may disclose personal information to vendors, customers, service providers, law enforcement agencies and public and governmental authorities. At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, we may also disclose and transfer information. When we believe that disclosure of information is necessary to protect our rights, to investigate fraud or to respond to an emergency. We transfer and disclose information to protect the safety, property, rights, or security of our users or others, in all cases only if and to the extent such transfer and disclosure is permitted by applicable law.
11. The Protection of Your Information.
As the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely safe, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website, however, we will do our best to protect your personal information. If you decide to transfer any information, you do it at your own risk. When we have received your information, we will use strict security procedures and security features to try to protect the information provided by, or collected about, the users of our Site, from destruction, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration.
We encrypt much of stored information using SSL certificate.
To prevent from unauthorized access to our system and the stored information, we review our information storage, collection, and processing practices, including physical security measures.
We restrict access to personal information to those of our employees, contractors and agents, who need to know that information in order to process it for us. They are subject to the obligation of strict confidentiality as relates to that information, and discipline, including termination, if they violate that obligation.
12. Retention Periods.
We will retain your information for a period of one year after your last use of our Site. After that time, your information will be automatically deleted. You can also request for your information deletion by sending an email request to email@example.com. It must include your name and email address with which your Site account is associated.
offered by other individuals or companies on non-Business Powerhouse Site, including any such websites or applications which are referenced on or linked from our Site; and
the information practices of, and the information collected by other companies, organizations or individuals, who advertise our Site, advertising or editorial, or any of the services offered on our Site, and who use pixel tags, cookies, and other technologies to serve and offer relevant ads.
14. Your Rights.
To rectify any personal data held about you that is inaccurate or to request the deletion of personal data held about you, you have the right to access and receive a copy of information we store about you in certain circumstances. After the first request, any furthere access request by you may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We provide you with the right to data portability for information you provide to us. As a result, you can obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic format, so that you can manage and move it. You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by us and restrict our the processing of it. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Handling Complaints from Our Site Users and Regulatory Authorities.
17. Contact Us.